Red Flags Everywhere: FL School Shooter Left Behind ‘So Many Signs’ — Why Did They Go Unreported?

Nikolas de Jesus Cruz is the 19-year-old suspected of murdering 17 people at his former Florida high school.

The FBI was warned about Cruz in September 2017.

As President Donald Trump acknowledged, red flags about this monster were everywhere. So, why did they go unreported?

From Breitbart:

President Donald Trump reacted to the shooter who is suspected of killing 17 students at a Florida high school.

“So many signs that the Florida shooter was mentally disturbed, even expelled from school for bad and erratic behavior,” Trump wrote on Twitter. “Neighbors and classmates knew he was a big problem.”

The suspected shooter was reportedly treated for mental problems at a local clinic and expelled from school for threatening students and demonstrating abusive behavior.

Law enforcement officials said that the shooter demonstrated “very, very disturbing” behavior on social media and the FBI was reportedly told of a comment under a YouTube account with his name about being a “professional school shooter.” The account was deleted by YouTube on Wednesday night. The shooter’s Instagram account featured images of guns, according to reports.

Miami Herald has more:

The shooter managed to slip in with his former classmates and make it off campus before he was taken into custody by police near the community entrance to Pelican Pointe at Wyndham Lakes in Coral Springs. He was transported to Broward Health North, and was then sped away from the hospital by a police escort.

The Broward Sheriff’s Office says the school, home to about 3,200 students, had been cleared by early evening and would remain closed Thursday and Friday. They did not release any victims’ names, and were still working to identify five of the slain after 9 p.m.

“It’s a day that you pray, every day when you get up, that you will never have to see. It is in front of us. I ask the community for prayers and their support for the children and their families,” said Schools Superintendent Robert Runcie, appearing at a media staging area near the school. “Potentially there could have been signs out there. But we didn’t have any warning or phone calls or threats that were made.”

More from AP News:

Broward County Sheriff Scott Israel said the 19-year-old suspect, Nikolas Cruz, had been expelled from Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School for “disciplinary reasons.”


Israel said investigators were dissecting the suspect’s social media posts.

“And some of the things that have come to mind are very, very disturbing,” he added without elaborating.


Daniel Huerfano, a student who fled Wednesday’s attack, said he recognized Cruz from an Instagram photo in which Cruz posed with a gun in front of his face. Huerfano recalled Cruz as a shy student and remembered seeing him walking around with his lunch bag.

“He was that weird kid that you see … like a loner,” he added.

Dakota Mutchler, a 17-year-old junior, said he used to be close friends with Cruz but hadn’t seen him in more than a year following his expulsion from school.

[Note: This post was written by John S. Roberts]


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here