Charlotte Prosecutors Will Not File Charges Against Police In Keith Scott Shooting

Charlotte Prosecutors Will Not File Charges Against Police In Keith Scott Shooting
Getty Images

The police shooting in Charlotte, NC that ended in the death of Keith Scott immediately captured the attention of the country.

The media has done their typical song and dance about how a black man was unjustly killed by a racist police department.

Unfortunately for them, the facts don’t even remotely corroborate that narrative.

After a lengthy investigation, the city of Charlotte has decided whether or not they will press charges against the officers involved.

From Weasel Zippers via Charlotte Observer:

No charges will be brought against Charlotte-Mecklenburg Police officer Brentley Vinson in the September shooting death of a man in University City, District Attorney Andrew Murray announced Wednesday.

Keith Lamont Scott, 43, was shot Sept. 20 in a confrontation with officers outside his apartment.

Murray said that evidence in the case shows that Scott stepped out of his SUV with a gun in his hand and ignored at least 10 commands from the five officers on the scene to drop it.

Murray said that Scott obtained the gun – which had been stolen in Gaston County – 18 days before the confrontation. One bullet was found in the chamber of the gun, the safety was off and Murray said Scott’s DNA was found on the grip and ammunition slide.

Murray said that speculation in the community that Scott was unarmed – initial reports from a family member on Facebook said he was holding a book – were untrue.

Clearly, the right decision was made here.

Any rational person can understand that the police officers gave Scott every opportunity to defuse the situation and there is no doubt that they had every reason to believe their lives were in danger.

BLM rioters have already caused millions of dollars in property damage in Charlotte over this case.

We will have to wait and see if they add to that total today…

BREAKING: Trump Delivers Massive Blow to ISIS, Report Claims Their Leader Has Been Critically Injured

BREAKING: Trump Delivers Massive Blow to ISIS, Report Claims Their Leader Has Been Critically Injured

Write a comment

John S. Roberts
James Franco Explains His Reaction To Trump's Victory, It's RIDICULOUS...

James Franco Explains His Reaction To Trump's Victory, It's RIDICULOUS...

Write a comment

Nickarama
Previous Next
`