Bill O’Reilly is arguably the most successful cable news host of all time.
He’s without a doubt the face of Fox News.
However, O’Reilly has found himself at the center of a troubling scandal involving sexual harassment allegations.
We recently told you that Bill O’Reilly went on vacation recently and many wondered if he would be back.
According to reports, Fox News is preparing to cut Bill loose.
Fox News reportedly preparing to drop Bill O'Reillyhttps://t.co/bpF7Zd7bQG
— Axios (@axios) April 19, 2017
From Wall Street Journal:
Fox News is preparing to cut ties with its biggest star, Bill O’Reilly, according to people close to the situation.
A final decision on Mr. O’Reilly’s fate could come as early as the next several days, the people said. Mr. O’Reilly, host of “The O’Reilly Factor,” has been ensnared in a sexual-harassment scandal related to previously undisclosed settlements he and Fox News paid to women who worked on or appeared on his program.
Huge deal. Here’s more…
A well-placed source said Tuesday afternoon that representatives for Fox and O’Reilly have begun talking about an exit. But this prompted a denial from sources in O’Reilly’s camp.
Even one person close to O’Reilly, however, said he will probably not be back on “The O’Reilly Factor.”
A settlement doesn’t mean that O’Reilly did anything wrong but it definitely didn’t look good when that news broke.
It is interesting to note that O’Reilly’s ratings didn’t suffer much even after advertisers fled and the allegations of sexual harassment went public.
However, the negative attention might be too much for his bosses to handle.
Things don’t look good for Bill but stay tuned.