President Donald Trump just made a big move, approving release of the classified memo which allegedly details FBI surveillance of abuse, making it possible for the House Intelligence Committee to release it on Friday, according to multiple reports.
From Daily Caller:
The document allegedly contains proof that some of the top officials in the Obama-era national security establishment abused their authority to obtain surveillance warrants on members of the Trump 2016 campaign. House Intelligence Committee chairman Devin Nunes assembled the memo with fellow Intel committee members and staff based on classified information turned over by the FBI and the DOJ.
The memo will be released with some technical redactions requested by the FBI, which continues to object to the document’s release. House rules dictate that the legislature can vote to declassify material in the public interest stipulating the president must approve its release within 5 days.
Now that the president has approved it, the House Intelligence Committee is free to release it.
The administration said that the memo had undergone a thorough review to make sure that there were no problems for national security with its release.
The FBI, who is allegedly criticized in the memo, expressed “grave concerns” about its release, saying that there were “material omissions of fact that fundamentally impact the memo’s accuracy,” the bureau said in a rare public statement Wednesday.
Knowing that it was coming, Democrats were screaming on Wednesday, trying to through anything against the wall to try to deflect from it or impugn it.
Rep. Adam Schiff (D-CA) claimed that the memo had been “secretly altered” from the original which the House had approved for release. And House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi called for the removal of Rep. Devin Nunes, trying to claim he’d altered it.
The ‘changes’ were basically FBI and Democratic requests.
From Daily Wire:
Byron York, a columnist for the Washington Examiner, spoke with sources on the committee who gave insight into the changes that were supposedly made to the memo. York tweeted: “Just talked with House Intel source. Said total changes to memo were: A) Unknown number of ‘grammatical and clarifying’ fixes. B) One change requested by FBI due to sources & methods concerns. C) One two-word change requested by Democrats for accuracy.”
But by the normal process, it’s going back to the House and they will see it again before it goes out anyway on Friday.
But the problem Schiff and the Democrats really have is that the memo is the same and it calls them out on their deception. That’s the real problem that they have with it.
The Democratic National Committee and Hillary Clinton’s presidential campaign paid millions of dollars for a politically-motivated dossier on then-candidate Donald Trump. They used a firm, Fusion GPS, that hired a former British spy, Christopher Steele, to gather dirt on Trump using contacts inside Russia. The dossier, which is salacious in nature and is almost completely unverified, was allegedly used to obtain a FISA warrant under the Obama administration from a secret court to spy on the Trump campaign.
And there was reportedly even a second dossier used by the FBI made by a Clinton ally.
This is what they are trying to stop you from seeing. But it’s coming and they can’t stop it.
[Note: This post was written by Nick Arama]